Wednesday 24 February 2021

Are we there yet?

 Are we there yet?


We were five minutes away from home. My little brother said, “I’m hungry, can we get some food?”

“Where only five minutes away from home mum told you to get some food and did you?” I asked.

“No I didn’t get snacks or food,” he responded in a voice that sounded like he was going to start crying.

My dad heard him about to cry.

He looked over the back and asked “what's going on back here?” 

“Jamie forgot his snacks at home dad and he's hungry should we go back or not just buy some?” 

We went and brought him some food and snacks.

We were 5 hours away from our destination and my little brother was asleep in his car seat snoring! 

Then my dad randomly slammed on the brakes. My brother wakes up so scared that he starts crying.

“Oh no not again,” I mumbled under my breath.

“It’s okay Jamie,” My mum said.

“Dad had to slam on the brakes because the car in front did, don’t worry just go back to sleep,” I said trying to calm him down.

Just then we were in a traffic jam. 

A few hours went by my brother and I were both asleep. 

Mum said, “Who's ready for Mcdonalds?” 

We both woke up! “ ME ME ME!” the both of us responded.

We were waiting to order it took 5 minutes,  

We finally got our food! “Wow, that was yummy! Thanks, Mum and Dad,” my little brother said. We were 10 minutes away from our destination. 

Only my mum and dad know where we are going.

“Guys I'm going to tell you where we are going are you excited?” mum said.

“Yes we are ready,” both of us replied.

“Okay we are going to stay in a lake house for 5 months, do you think that's a good idea?” mum asked.

“OMG YAS,” both of us kids said.


10 minutes later.


“We have arrived at the lake house, are you excited?” mum said.

“Yes, can we go in?” we asked.

 We walked inside me and Jamie ran straight to the view. It was so beautiful. 

And that was the end of that road trip  

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Great writing, Mikayla. You have given some good rasons for why this road trip was so boring. The dialoge between the characters was great. All of them are very believable. I love this piece of dialogue... “We're only five minutes away from home, mum told you to get some food and did you?” I asked.

    ReplyDelete

under the bed

I go into my room to get a board game to play with my family. I grabbed the board game and took it out to the living room. My sister and I u...