Tuesday 3 August 2021

stuck writing

 Narrative Planning Sheet

L.I. - I am learning to plan for my writing.

S. C. - Think about the beginning, middle, and end.

           Draw/brainstorm my plan


Beginning

What happens at the beginning?

Who are the main characters? 

Where is it set?

How are the characters feeling?


Waking up and getting ready for school eat breakfast and leaving  for the bus 

Build up

What happens next?

How does the story hint at a problem?

How are the characters feeling?


Being late for class getting in trouble

Problem

What is the problem within the story?

How are the characters feeling?


I get my head stuck in a chair in geometry class because i was trying to be funny and making my head stuck when the teacher was writing on the chalkboard i thought i would just be in and out but i got stuck


Resolution

How is this problem resolved/ sorted out?

How are the characters feeling?


The caretaker comes and cuts the chair 

Ending

How does the story end?

Will it end happily? 

Is there a twist to the plot?

How are the characters feeling?


My mum gets called and i get a hiding 






“Good morning Mum,” I said while walking down the stairs.

“Good morning son,” She replied from the kitchen.

Mum was cooking pancakes, I heard her put a new batch in the frying pan. 

“How many pancakes do you want, Caden?😍” Mum said.

“Can I have four please because I have to miss out on morning tea today because I’m going to the dentist at school,” I replied like my mum didn’t know I was going to the dentist.

“Yeah, that's fine.”

Mum gave me four pancakes, and I ate them all.


10 Minutes later


“Bye Mum I’m going to school.”

“Bye Caden, have a good day,” Mum replied while I was walking outside the door.

I walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus. I sat down on the bench and listened to music on my iPod. I played my favorite song.


When the bus arrived 


The bus arrived and I saw my best friend sitting in our usual spot. I walked in the bus, tagged my hop card then went to sit next to my best friend.  


When we arrived at school, the first class we had was geometry. Geometry class is my favorite class because my crush is in that class, this girl called Ava.


When my teacher was writing on the chalkboard I made Ava laugh because I sat next to her. The way I made her laugh was by putting my head in this little hole and when I did that I tried to pull my head out and it didn’t move a pinch I got scared so what did I do I grabbed my bag saw lip balm and rubbed it all over my neck Mrs. Gibbles saw the chair around my neck so she called the caretaker to bring a bladed knife to cut me free. Then the principal came to see me. She asked if I was alright and then called my mum. My mum wasn’t too fused because she knew that I would get out even if she had to get me out. 

When I finally got free from the chair, I could go to my dentist's appointment. 


30 Minutes later


After my dentist appointment, I could go back to class. The next class I had was English. I enjoyed English because I just liked English. 


A long time later   


It was finally over, a long day of boredom. The only fun thing about that was making Ava laugh and getting my head stuck in a chair.

When I got home

My mum was waiting at the dining room table and as soon as I said “hi” she started to laugh because you know the principal called her and said I got my head stuck in a chair, and that's exactly why I like my mum.

The end 



  








4 comments:

  1. An enjoyable story. I'm sure Ava was impressed. I think you need to more carefully selsct which parts of your school day are important to tell the reader, especially after you've been freed from the chair. That part is more important than going to English class or having pancakes for breakfast.
    The head getting stuck could have had more detail added instead. Like, how did Ava react besides laugh? Why did the lip balm fail? Were you scared? Did it hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work.
    I think you need to add a bit more detail like when you got stuck in the chair.
    I used the name Ava with my writing aswell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work I like the idea that u were trying to impress a girl without
    just accidentally getting your head stuck. You purposl1y did it to impress someone, keep it up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

under the bed

I go into my room to get a board game to play with my family. I grabbed the board game and took it out to the living room. My sister and I u...